You have earned it, you have saved your money and now is the time to buy that vacation home you have been wishing for. Buying a second home can be a very different experience than purchasing a primary residence.
So, if you are in the market for a vacation home, there are some things you will need to consider first:
●What is the purpose of the home? Are you buying the second home for vacation or investment? Knowing what you intend to do with the property primarily will help you identify the features that matter most in the home.
●If the second home is for investment and you plan to rent it you will need to research how the property’s use will affect your financing options, taxes and insurance. Before you buy consult an accountant or financial planner to determine which of these factors could impact your financial situation.
●How far are you willing to travel? If you are using the home as a vacation spot, think realistically about how far you are willing to travel. According to the National Association of Realtors, 31 percent of vacation homes are typically within 100 miles of the owner’s primary residence.
●See what the area is like off-season. Many times vacation homes are in seasonal destinations and the surroundings can change significantly throughout the year. Find out what challenges you may encounter in the off-season with the home.
If you are thinking of buying a second home it is important to use a real estate professional with knowledge of the specific marketplace.
This Single-Family in Glastonbury, CT recently sold for $304,000.
This is a Colonial style home and features 7 total rooms, 1 full bath, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.35 acres, and was sold by
Enza and Steve Dandeneau – Prudential Connecticut Realty
Glastonbury CT ListingsGlastonbury, CT - $574,900 - Condo - Duplex - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/16 hours agoGlastonbury, CT - $574,900 - Condo - Duplex - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/16 hours agoGlastonbury, CT - $184,900 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/16 hours agoGlastonbury, CT - $512,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/16 hours ago
Marlborough CT ListingsMarlborough, CT - $109,900 - Land - Acres:1.816 hours agoMarlborough, CT - $269,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:26 hours agoMarlborough, CT - $189,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/18 hours agoMarlborough, CT - $38,000 - Land - Acres:0.1313 hours ago
Hebron CT ListingsHebron, CT - $359,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/16 hours agoHebron, CT - $359,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:3/16 hours agoHebron, CT - $339,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/16 hours agoHebron, CT - $282,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/113 hours ago
- Plans Axed for State Police Gun Range in Glastonbury May 15, 2013A group opposing the new state police firearms training facility had made their opinions known to the town council in earlier meetings and finally got the answer they were looking for during a Monday night meeting. […]
- More Lawmakers Join Fight Against Higher Ferry Fares May 14, 2013Three more Republican legislators have joined the fight against the state's plan to double fares on the landmark Connecticut River ferries. […]
- Glastonbury High School Teacher Selected As Building's Next Assistant Principal May 14, 2013Skarvelas, a social studies teacher at the school for the past six years, will replace Drew DiPippo who was hired last month as principal of Canton High School. […]
- Reader Submitted: Nami Connecticut To Hold Its 10th Anniversary Annual NAMIWalk May 14, 2013The Connecticut Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness is pleased to announce that it will hold its 10th Annual Walk Fundraiser on Saturday, May 18th, 9-11:30 a.m. at Bushnell Park in Hartford. […]
- Plans Axed for State Police Gun Range in Glastonbury May 15, 2013
- Glastonbury Town Council May Take A Stance On State Police's Proposed Firearms Training Facility May 13, 2013The town council is preparing for its own public hearing of sorts on a state police proposal to build a firearms training facility within the Meshomasic State Forest. […]
- Connecticut Audubon Center At Glastonbury's Annual Art For Nature's Sake Event This Weekend May 13, 2013The Connecticut Audubon Center at Glastonbury 's annual "Art For Nature's Sake" art show and sale will be held this weekend. […]
- Reader Submitted: Self Hypnosis And Wellness May 12, 2013Re-offered due to popular demand! Everyone can be hypnotized! The Oneida Holistic Health Center in Marlborough is now offering Self Hypnosis Training. […]
- Reader Submitted: Ashly Ruz Cabaret Show At Marlbrough Arts Center May 4, 2013The Marlborough Arts Center, at 231 North Main St. in Marlborough, continues with its popular "4th Friday at the Arts Cafe" musical evenings on Friday, May 24, starring the dynamic Ashly Cruz. […]
- Glastonbury Town Council May Take A Stance On State Police's Proposed Firearms Training Facility May 13, 2013
- Columbia Fields Lead Singer Grayson Minney Dies In Early Morning Car Crash May 11, 2013Grayson Minney, the lead singer and guitarist for the group Columbia Fields, was killed in a car crash early Saturday morning, state police said. […]
- Teen raises money for breast cancer April 24, 2013Get those shoes laced up, and show your "Pink Power." The Connecticut Breast Health Initiative's "Race in the Park" is May 11th. […]
- Do You Know Where 'New Connecticut' Is? April 14, 2013Call it "land hunger." Competing interests from New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut all looked with covetous eyes at the land to the west of New Hampshire in the early to middle decades of the 18th century - land that constitutes the current state of Vermont. […]
- Columbia Fields Lead Singer Grayson Minney Dies In Early Morning Car Crash May 11, 2013